Sunday, July 27, 2014

2014, WTF.

So, I just stumbled across ew gui after logging into Blogger to think about writing a post for The Nerdish Podcast. (After logging into Tumblr to think about writing a blog post about something, who knows what or where).

I was surprised to see that I've written 20 blog posts for ew gui. I reaffirmed that my memory is terrible.

Wow, twenty posts! I remember writing about the Windows 7 taskbar, and Firefox Jump Lists, and... hey, this isn't so bad! Okay, so I don't remember posting that thing about Watchmen, but that might be fun to revisit, actually.

I have no idea if I'll actually continue to update this blog, but there are a few ideas that jump out at me:

Windows 7 in 2014
The Standing Desk
Typing Tests*

*and also possibly keyboards themselves. Oooh, the physical world!

Then there blog posts I could write responding to my 2009 self, but probably don't need to, so I'll get those out of the way now:

  • There's a Winamp extension to make it do that thing like Windows Media Player (also, Winamp is dead?)
  • Linux can play Flash pretty fine now, but you still need a virtual machine to use any Adobe apps.
  • All I really remember about Watchmen is my head being cramped from sitting in the very front row on opening night.

I also think I could write this thing a little better. Maybe. 2020 self, make a joke about that statement.

And I'm not sure how I feel about this Hemingway thing, but I bet it sparks a blog about word processing interfaces!

... And with that, I leave you with a screenshot taken moments ago to forever publish the state of my desktop in this, July 2014. Hope your 2010 thru 2013's were excellent!

No comments:

Blog Archive