Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Free YouTube to MP3 Converter

 

Last year I needed to steal some recordings off of YouTube for a video project.  I found this little program that did exactly what I wanted.  The other day I found this fantastic girl who covers Bad Religion songs with an acoustic guitar.

I knew I needed to reinstall that program.

Free YouTube to MP3 Converter does exactly what the name says.  And it actually has a great interface.  All you have to do is paste the URL from the video you want and it will detect it.  You can add a whole bunch – very useful if you want an entire collection of Bad Religion covers, say.

youtubeconverter

You can even tag them in-program, which is awesome.  You can’t select a bunch and tag them all as the same artist, which is a bit of a bummer, but points for tagging nonetheless.  Saves an extra step.

Then all you do is select an output folder, an mp3 quality (or wav), and voila – done!

Just make sure you don’t install the Ask.com toolbar that tries to sneak onto your computer from this installation.  Bastards.

No comments:

Blog Archive