Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Firefox Awesomebar is better than Windows instant searching.

Seriously.  Because it learns from what you type.  I went to type “live writer” when I clicked Start to open this blog writing program that was a download from, I believe the Windows Live Essentials package.  (In fact it might be the only Essentials program I downloaded.  It’s not bad either!)

You’d think I’d have been fine, knowing I opened the program this way before, so I only typed “live” and hit enter.  It’s called Windows Live Writer, so that should work, right?

And I get Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2… What in blazes is that anyway?!

And the other two that show up are Office Live Add-In Help and Office Live Workplace. No thanks. Even “live w” just moves Office Live Workspace to the top, and offers Windows Live Movie Maker Beta, and Windows Live Photo Gallery!  What the heck?? I actually had other Live Essential programs installed and I forgot.  Probably because I only opened them once, if at all! I know this blog doesn’t get that many new posts but I’ve definitely opened Live Writer more!  THAT should be the first thing that pops up when I type “live w”, let alone “live”!

Firefox’s awesomebar would know better than this.  When I type “p” in Firefox, my bank, PSECU pops up.  I can type p, ps, whatever – it’s apparently the only

Brownie points for searching, I think, my Libraries’ designated folders for actual files with ‘live’, so that’s nice I suppose… if I wanted to hear the Violent Femmes’ ‘Kiss Off’ [Live], anyway.  I assume this is Windows indexing feature (which strangely broke on my last Vista install).

Err, anyway, on to the real post…

No comments:

Blog Archive